Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating and cooling load calculations in Revit MEP

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
Mehdi.Kardehi
27560 Views, 60 Replies

Heating and cooling load calculations in Revit MEP

Hi All,

Couple of questions with this?

- Do you trust Revit heating and cooling calculations? I mean after you modify all the building materials and weather information do you do your calcs with Revit or a third party laod calculation software?

- How about duct and pipe sizing? Most of consultants do those with other tools.

- I have been exporting revit spaces as gbXml to E-20 to do the load cals but I need to mannually input all those calcs back into Revit. Is there a faster way of doings that?

- And lastly most of the clients don't like the way Revit shows the calculations Report. Is there a way to customise those outputs and get them shown in the way I want?

Cheers,

Mehdi

60 REPLIES 60
Message 61 of 61
iainsavage
in reply to: russellvee

@russellvee  wrote:

Wow 10 years went by so fast! Too bad they still haven't fixed the software that we pay thousands of dollars per seat for. Maybe next year!

The Heating & Cooling Loads tool was retired in version 2021 (If I remember correctly) and replaced with the Systems Analysis tool in version 2022.

I assume that was their attempt to fix it.

They then brought Heating & Cooling Loads back but in a hidden mode which you have to activate via the Revit.ini file - presumably to allow upgraded models to still access legacy calculations but I don't think they intend you to use it on new calculations, their preference is to use Systems Analysis.

So they probably would say that they have fixed the loads calculations by completely replacing the built-in analysis tools.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report