Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hangers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
1912 Views, 3 Replies

Hangers!

Ok, so I am pretty much fed up with all the hanger apps out there as none of them work good enough. So I am setting out to fix it. However, there seems to be something missing. I need a way to have a family have the adjustment part of the hanger manually adjustable in the project without A: moving the pipe/duct it is associated to (provided that you chose to create the family in this manner) or B: Without one part (elevation) of the hanger moving (the attached part) while the one can be freely dragged or using the aligning tool. I am thinking a nested face based family would be clutch, (It would be great if there was a 2 face based family type!!) but I would have to nest it in such a way that it didn’t try to associate with the parent family, but rather wait until the project, and even then it would need some sort of instance parameter driven shaft that it was locked onto. After I thought about that my head started to hurt and I decided to ask if anyone on here had any better Ideas?? Simpler methods? Perhaps something stupid easy that I’m not seeing? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

I will eventually have to advance our electrical design to include Conduit and Cable Tray supports, and my initial plan will be to create the basic hanger as a Nested Family, control the dimensions of said hanger from within a host family, which will house a linear Array, placing supports based on user inputted spacing (Instance). Then in the Family, place this Family along a conduit run and constrain the end points to the ends of the conduit, and the constrain the elevation in a Section View.

Again, this is my initial plan of attack and I will likely alter and refine it as I go. If you would like to give this preliminary concept a shot, feel free and please let me know how it goes!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Attached is a Project file (Revit 2014) with a rudimentary Pipe Hanger and Pipe Hanger Array Family. The Hanger Families are Level Based and currently intended to be hosted to the Level above the intended Piping. I followed the process below:

1. Draw Piping.

2. Place an instance of the Support Array on the Level above.

3. On the Level of the Piping, use the Align command (w/constrain) to center the Array on the pipe and lock the Array's ends to the ends of the Pipe.

4. In a Section/Elevation View, use the Align command (w/constrain) the top of the support to the desired Face (under-floor) and the center of the hanger on the Pipe.

5. Manually enter the Pipe's Nominal Size in the Support Array Family.

The above steps can be tedious, but the Pipe can be moved, elevation changed, end points stretched and the Supports remain properly constrained to the Pipe. There are some foreseeable problems such as sloped piping, adjusting the angle of the Piping, and the fact that the Nominal Pipe Size of the Support must be manually entered.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: revitworkbench

Hi,

You can try to get the ready-made hangers from manufactures, you can visit the hangerlok site to get more clear idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report