Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenheck rfa files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BRYANBRAUER1832
1288 Views, 6 Replies

Greenheck rfa files

I have downloaded families from Greenheck using CAPS, but when I load the family into a project, I cannot control the size parameters.  Greenheck gives little information on how to use their rfa files.  Does anyone know where it wants the csv file, or what else I need to do to access the size and configuration parameters?  At present I can only load the largest fan size.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Bryan,

I believe the csv file needs to be in the Lookup Tables folder. The default location for the folder is: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME2012\Lookup Tables. From there you have to choose either Conduit or Pipe.

Message 3 of 7
Jrobker
in reply to: AnmarieJames8335

Greenheck told me that they have in-house software that creates their families.

You supply the information and this software builds a family.

I would highly doubt there is even a type catalog associated with these.

Definitely not a lookup table.

I have not used their families.

Probably a glitch in their system

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 7

Thanks.  Greenheck uses product selection software called CAPS which builds a family for download.  The downloaded files include a csv file with the family. But the family editor can't seem to find the csv file.  Do csv files for Mechanical Equipment families types need to be in eiher the conduit or pipe folder?

Message 5 of 7
Jrobker
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

A .csv file for mechanical equipment???

Geometry within a family is controlled by type or instance parameters. Usually there is a type catalog where you can select the correct size from the options in the parameters.

I have no idea why they would provide you with a .csv file.

Lookup tables are for profile families, such as Pipe, and it determines the size of the elbows based on the dimensions of the the pipe profile size.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. 

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 7
BRYANBRAUER1832
in reply to: Jrobker

I found the solution. This is from Greenheck:

Load Content Families:
In Revit 2009 or newer while viewing your project, utilize a ‘Component’, ‘Mechanical Equipment’ etc.
Function to import the Family. It is required to ‘Load’ the family while in the project. If you
open the family (.rfa) file in Revit and select ‘Load into Projects’ the external Type Catalog will not be
accessed.

This worked for me.

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7

You need to copy both the rfa and txt files into the same directory

CentrifugalBlower_v02.rfa

CentrifugalBlower_v02.txt

I received these file from Greenheck and only downloaded the rfa file and could only load the "default" fan.

When I copied everything they sent and reloaded again the various fan sizes wher available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report