Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Revit MEP unsolved mysteries - far clip offset

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RickGraham
517 Views, 3 Replies

Great Revit MEP unsolved mysteries - far clip offset

Has anyone figured out WHY, when one adds a section, that the far clip offset varies from inches to hunreds of feet? It is a bit annoying, but I can live with it. It's just another unsolved Revit MEP mystery to me that has been there for several releases now.

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lrtuss
in reply to: RickGraham

I haven't a clue. I just change the FAR CLIP OFFSET in the properties of the section. I find is easier than trying to find that pesky grip on a meriad of drawing clutter and colors.

Message 3 of 4
SteveKStafford
in reply to: RickGraham

Building and wall section types are meant to encompass the overall extents of the model. That seems to be affected by linked files more in recent years. The detal section usually uses a much smaller far clip. I too just edit the value in the Properties Palette to adjust the far clip instead of try to adjust it with the grips. Still have to edit the height in a section or elevation view though.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 4
RickGraham
in reply to: SteveKStafford

I understand that, but if it really is not to be used, then why does it appear by default OOTB in the quick access toolbar? It seems to me that if they (Autodesk) did not want the MEP user to use that and use something else instead, then they would have put the appropriate tool in the quick access toolbar OOTB.

Maybe I'm nit-picking, but it will remain as one my "Revit MEP mysteries of the universe". And there will be more to follow. 😉

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report