Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Annotation Label Centre Problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lsop1409
1553 Views, 2 Replies

Generic Annotation Label Centre Problem

I have created a generic annotation that contains a label. (a data outlet symbol, shown in IMAGE 1)

The generic annotation is then placed into an eletrical fixture family.

The electrical fixture family is then placed into a project and displays fine until it is rotated, then the text is 'offset' and looks poor. (IMAGE 2).

Is there a way to 'centre' my label in IMAGE 1?

The label does not sit in the centre of its 'border/bounding box' making the centre of rotation incorrect when it is rotated, is there a way around this?

If I centre the label border it moves the label text from centre?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lsop1409

Unfortunately, Revit does not handle Text well. This exact problem is what caused me to follow another route with our embedded Generic Annotations, which is a work-around that only works for consistent text info. I actually modelled the text with Lines in a separate Generic Annotations Family, and then embedded that into the normal Generic Annotation, and then "strung" the value of a rotation parameter in the host family through to the text annotation family. It required the user to manually specify the rotation of the element to get the text to appear correctly oriented, but at least the text appears correct and consistent.

Attached is an example Fire Alarm Family (Revit 2013). Our annotations are typically a letter inside a square, so this work-around is in application here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
lsop1409
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks. That is an advanced workaround for text. I will take a look at the family and see what I can come up with.

Hopefully, some text issues will be addressed in a future release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report