Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting the schedules header

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
4964 Views, 3 Replies

Formatting the schedules header

Me again

I am wondering when the cells are very long specially in the header...is there a way that I distribute that cell vertically as excell does? So it is still one cell but don't need to be too wide...see my very wide cell attached...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ajax05k
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

What U R asking can be done like this goto the already generated Mech Equipment Schedule->properties pallet-> Formatting->select the cell you want to change to vertical in the field-> change the Heading orientation to vertical-> ok but this would not slove the problem u have to shorten the header of schedule when you import the schedule to sheet

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

The rows in the Schedule View are set at a fixed height regardless of how much text there is in a cell. However, once the Schedule is placed on a Sheet View, that same text will wrap and stretch the height of the header row to accommodate this.

This brings up a point I want to make about new Schedule behavior in Revit 2014. In all prior versions of Revit, the width of the columns in the Schedule View had absolutely no association with the column widths in the Schedule Graphics. This meant that you could stretch out the columns in the Schedule View without affecting the way it appears on the Sheet. However, there seems to be several changes that have come about in Revit 2013, including the newly create association between the column width of the Schedule View and Schedule Graphics. See image below (expand Spoiler).

Spoiler
 ScheduleColumnWidth.JPG

If this is a problem for you, then I suggest using the link below to provide feedback to Autodesk:

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks guys..what Corey said is all I wanted... I thought the schedule is exactly look the same when I put it on the sheet and I didn't even bother putting it there to see that the cell contents get distributed vertically there:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report