One of our families created using the Specialty Equipment template is showing up in projects with a flip control in the middle of it. (3 to be exact)
I'd like to remove them, but when I'm in the family editor, I can't find the things. I've gone through the project explorer in the family editor, and looked through all the views, but in none of them can I see this thing. I tried adding one myself, just to see if it was the control in general, or these that just showed up that are being meddlesome. The one I added I can find and remove with no issues.
Any tips on ways to figure out where this thing is residing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Probably would help. This is Revit 2013, part of the Building Design Suite.
The three flip controls only show up in plan view when the family is loaded into a project. In a staggered pattern.
Wow - you're not kidding! Even with every element deleted, they persist. Seems like a glitch - was this file upgraded from a previous version by chance? I'm thinking you'll have to recreate it to get rid of those. You should be able to copy/paste the elements to a degree.
I was afraid of that
The geometry is the easy part, it's redoing all the parameters I'm not looking forward to.
This was made in 2013 natively. Unfortunately, several hands in the cookie jar, and no real idea when these got added to help me track down what caused it.
Well, some of the Copy/Pasting should bring over some of the Parameters.
Is there a chance that you have a backup (.001) saved somewhere that you could revert to?
Was just moving this file into a released status, where we purge any backups, when I gave it a test. (to make sure someone doesn't grab an old version and save over it, or distribute it.)
I did some asking around, and apparently, the flip control was copy/pasted in from another family. They couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up, so they kept repasting it before giving up and adding in one manually.
Interesting.....I was able to add more Controls, but not remove the existing. Did you try any of the previous users suggestions. I'd be inclined toward re-building as its not clear how this family got into its current state. Thanks for posting.
I'm fairly new to Revit, so was hoping I'd overlooked some way of filtering the family elements to weed these out.
I guess not.
I'll go ahead and just recreate them. I'm not going to copy/past anything, on the off chance that I wind up grabbing these things again. Not ideal, but less time than I fear it will take to perform surgery on these files to remove the problem.
Thank you everyone for the input/assistance.