Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Duct connection onto side of duct, not the end.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
HVACDrafter
3865 Views, 9 Replies

Flexible Duct connection onto side of duct, not the end.

Hopefully someone out there has a fix for this.

The issue is that when a flex duct tries to connect to the side of a duct, depending on how close the connection is to the end of the duct, it thinks the connection should be on the end.

refer to attachment for example.

surely it can't be that hard for the flex connect to the side as per the norm...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
abulla
in reply to: HVACDrafter

Try either placing an endcap on the rectangular duct, or place a small piece of round duct on the side where you want to use flex.
Message 3 of 10
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: abulla

Hah, I figured it out. the setting is called "friction"

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 4 of 10
HVACDrafter

Thanks abulla, unfortunately the end cap doesn't resolve the issue. I might try the small piece of round duct as a temporary fix.
Message 5 of 10
HVACDrafter
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Not sure how this fixes flex connecting to the end, I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, Thanks anyway
Message 6 of 10
joeself

You need to put a tap on the duct. then connect the flex to the tap. Flex doesn't connect to hard duct. how are you dampering the air flow? tap w/ vd?

Message 7 of 10
HVACDrafter
in reply to: joeself

Thanks for the tip joeself,

say 9 times out of 10 flex duct will connect to hard duct with a spigot take off, the other 1 time, if the connection is too close to the end of a duct it'll try and connect to the end - this is the frustrating point of the system.

Message 8 of 10
mwinterFDXSR

I know this is old but here is the solution for others searching it.

First click on the duct where you want the flex to join, then before you pick your next vertex, click again near your original position, before you even see the flex appear. Then, continue clicking each vertex as desired. You will need to go back once done and delete 2x vertexes squished near the flex start but its the only way to do it.

Message 9 of 10
hjlcanton

end cap desn't work

always connected to the end not side.JPG

Message 10 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: hjlcanton

That was already mentioned.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report