Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flenges on air Ducts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
marco.defina
1780 Views, 4 Replies

Flenges on air Ducts

Hello,

i have a problem with air ducts. In Autocad MEP i can select the type of ducts with or without flanges (so i can see in 3D and in 2D the dimensione of duct with flange), in Revit MEP i can't find the selection of connection between air ducts, I will see the flanges of the ducts in the drawing. It's possible?

Example of what i want have...

Cattura.PNG

Thank you.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: marco.defina

I believe that the flanges would have to be separate elements belonging the Duct Fittings Category, specifically with the Part Type: Union. Under the Duct's Type Properties, you can specify that as the preferring Union under Routing Preferences, and you could then use the Split command to divide the Duct segment and the flange will be automatically inserted.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
marco.defina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

But in the default library i found noone union with flange. Only separator.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: marco.defina

You would have to start with the union family and then use the Family editor to modify the geometry and create the flange. The simplest method would probably be to create an additional extrusion to represent the flange, then you won't have to mess with what's already established.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
marco.defina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

ah ok, i thought there was a standard family.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report