Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitting sizes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
341 Views, 6 Replies

Fitting sizes

How does revit relate the size of the duct that you are running to the size of the fitting?  There has to be something in the family that relates connected duct to the connector size.  At least I assume there is, but I can'tfind it in the OOB fitting family.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I would think that it is the Duct Fitting that adapts to the size of the Duct, as a built-in behavior of elements of that Category. Is there anything specific that occurred that prompted this question?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am just trying to make a custom fitting.  So I am using a sweep to form the geometry but I am not sure how to get the radius of the circle to change with the duct size.  Currently my solution is to set different family types with different radius values set up for each size, but it is time consuming to manually set the type each time I use the fitting.

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

Did you start this family from scratch? I would suggest using an OTB family and modifying from there. There seems to be a couple of parameters that are associated with the fittings size, but that may differ from family to family. If you post your family file, perhaps I can take a look.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It's actually a p-trap fitting.  The strange geometry makes modifying an existing family difficult.  I also would like to know due to purely academic interest.

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

I know that there are lookup table for Pipe that are located here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2012\Lookup Tables\Pipe

Have you tried searching for fitting-creation guides on YouTube? I'm primarily electrical but I've got some experience otherwise. I can look into this Family when I get a moment, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to find a solution.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I haven't but I will.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report