Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Sprinklers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ayman.ghomrawi
469 Views, 2 Replies

Fire Sprinklers

I am working on a file that contains about 15000 sprinklers. i tried splitting the file in a logical way but i could not get any of the split files to perform in a better way (the number of the sprinklers is still large). has anyone faced this problem and found a solution. i would be happy if the solution was shared. and by the way does anyone know about a limit number to the sprinkler count in a file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

How have you tried splitting the model?

Have you tried using worksets to split the zoning to help with performance?

Also have you turned off calculations for the sprinkler system (even though fire systems tend not to perform many)?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Actually, i have already split the file into 3 files with no significant improvement. I have also switched off the calculations for all systems in all trades. i know calculations make the file go slower.

i have done some testing since i have placed the question and noticed that there is no exact limit for the sprinkler count as long as the systems composition is within the limit of 250 sprinlkers (i have reached a count of 5000 sprinklers in a file with no performance issue), however this can't be applied to all situations because of the design.

As such, i believe that Autodesk should provide us with a hot fix for this problem otherwise there is no tangible solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report