Revit MEP

Mentor
carriehall42
Message 1 of 5 (186 Views)
Accepted Solution

Filters

186 Views, 4 Replies
02-14-2012 02:08 PM

I have my chilled and heating water pipes set up in filters with different colors so I know which one is which, but I hate having to redifine my filters if I happen to cut a new section, or create a new view. Is there a way to make each filter be the same color, without having to fix it all the time?

Thanks

Carrie

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Re: Filters

02-14-2012 02:30 PM in reply to: carriehall42

If you're using 2012, you can specify colors through System Types rather than filters. Just right-click on the system (Domestic Cold Water for example) and go to Type Properties, then Graphic Overrides.

Mentor
carriehall42
Message 3 of 5 (177 Views)

02-14-2012 03:16 PM in reply to: abulla

When I edit the type I am editing the piping system type (Hydronic Supply or Return) and not each individual system name. I have 2 Hydronic Supplies and 2 Hydronic Returns, CHS, CHR, HWS, & HWR. I want each pipe to be a different color, which I have done this using filters. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Valued Mentor
julianjameson8403
Message 4 of 5 (168 Views)

02-15-2012 01:32 AM in reply to: carriehall42

Create a View Template of all the filters and just apply the view template to your views. When applying view templates remember that  you don't have to apply every option - just tick the view options you want the template to affect.

One other tip - filters are applied in the order they appear in the list so if they vioews don't display as expected, check your rules and the order they appear in the VG list.

@Abulla is correct regardging the graphical over-rides but they don't allow filters to work and they also over-ride the insulation on pipes, ducts, etc. Also if printing using the greyscale option - you will get greyscale lines for the services which have this global graphical over-ride.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Mentor
carriehall42
Message 5 of 5 (136 Views)

02-21-2012 12:42 PM in reply to: julianjameson8403

I never saw the check boxes beside each option. Wow that works great! Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube