Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter/Symbol problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WheelerCJ
1268 Views, 3 Replies

Filter/Symbol problem

Hi,

I have a detail item to show my light fixture as a symbol. It's all pretty basic, just a few lines with some filled solid regions (white and black fill).

I want this fixture to display a different colour via a filter but when I apply a colour (red in this case) it changes everything that colour, including the white and black fill. How can I prevent this from happening? I need the white bits to stay whote and the rest to change to the filter colour.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Symbol with no filter applied

Light.JPG

Red filter applied and everything turns red, even the white solid region in the middle!

light red.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ajax05k
in reply to: WheelerCJ

I don't think u will achieve what U want by using filter........ I am not sure but by using pattern maybe u can achieve it
OR
using Decal.
Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

Filled Regions are subject to overrides, so the actual fill color doesn't matter if there is a View Filter, System Graphics Override, Phase Graphic Override, etc. forcing it to a specific color. In order to maintain a white region, use a Masking Region instead.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks again, worked a treat!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report