Revit MEP

Active Contributor
BRYANBRAUER1832
Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)
Accepted Solution

Filled Region

231 Views, 1 Replies
06-11-2012 11:13 AM

I don't have much experiance with filled regions.  The attached pdf is a section view at some buried piping.  I have used filled regions to designate the sand, earth and concrete.  Is there a way to show the piping without the sand material in the foreground without drawing a complex boundry around the pipe and fittings?

Also how can I show the filled region without the boundry lines?

Contributor
rocky1717
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: Filled Region

06-11-2012 12:26 PM in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

Unfortunately the only way you can achieve the look you want is with filled regions.  When creating your boundary use the pick line tool and pick the center line of your pipe and assign an offset with the radius of your pipe this will speed your boundary creation up.  To answer your second question, during the boundary creation process make sure you are using the line type of "Invisible Lines" that way when you finish your filled region the boundary lines will not show up.  I've attached an image showing the location to make this adjustment.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube