Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error loading family

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
rschnureIV
2960 Views, 21 Replies

Fatal error loading family

I am getting fatal errors when I try to load certain families into my revit mep 2012 projects.  Any Ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Revit_J
in reply to: jason.colquhoun

The only resolution that I was able to come up with was to have Autodesk remove the parameter from my files, which, I think, requires a subscription.

As to the cause, at least in my case, the GUID for the "Phase" parameter from the family files in question matches the GUID for the parameter "Phase" that I used from the "Revit_Master_Shared_Parameters.txt" file that I downloaded from Autodesk Seek. However the parameter from the manufacturers' families is an Integer type, while the one from Autodesk is a "Number of Poles" type.  This seems be what leads to the fatal errors.

This leads me to believe that somewhere someone modified their shared parameter file manually, changing the phase parameter from "Number of Poles" to "Integer" in the txt file.  I have run into this same parameter from multiple manufacturers, which is curious.

If someone comes up with a better solution, I would sure be interested in hearing it.

-J

Message 22 of 22
tblack_pe
in reply to: rschnureIV

I have a similar problem except that the some of the standard duct fittings have accidentally been modified.  How do you go about reloading or restoring the duct library?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report