Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family upgraded from 2012 to 2013 now bugged

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mark.silcock
309 Views, 4 Replies

Family upgraded from 2012 to 2013 now bugged

I have recently upgraded a 2012 project to 2013 and have had the annoyance of about 30 FCU families now act odd. When I opened the HVAC layouts all the FCUs have moved over to the side. Revit thinks these are all connected fine.

Unfortunately I can’t find a 2012 version now as it has been overwritten (my bad). I have had a similar issue with a grille and that was due to the centre ref lines not defining the origins. In this family the ref lines are defined as the origins. I am at a loss as to how this could happen. Any ideas?

Video of how it behaves https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31194592/FCU_issue_2013.swf

Family here (originally from Mitsubishi site) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31194592/HVAC_Ducted_Hi-Static_PEFY-P--NHMU_Mitsubishi.rfa

FCU issue.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: mark.silcock

Deleting and recreating the duct connectors should fix the issue. You'll have to reconnect any existing duct, but it should fix it for any newly placed equipment.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5
mark.silcock

That was the first thing I tried.

In the end I had to start again and replace all the families in the layout.

Message 4 of 5
mark.silcock

Please dont select that as a solution. I said it was the first thing i tried meaning it obviously didnt work. I had to start again with a new family and replace all the bugged families in the model.

Your solution did not work.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

I've removed the Solution marker.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report