Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family types without .txt file?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ceaves
319 Views, 2 Replies

Family types without .txt file?

I'm trying to update some Revit files (that someone else created) for our water heaters and I've come across a couple of .RFA files that show all the family types listed, but I've only opened the .RFA file, not loaded the family. I don't know how they got in there and I can't delete them. I've attached one of the files in question.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ceaves

I am able to open the Family and under Family Types, delete all but one of the listed Types, which is typical behavior. Are you getting an error message? Is the "Delete" button grayed-out?

FamilyEditorRibbon.JPG

(Family Types)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
ceaves
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That definitely worked! I don't know why it didn't seem to the first time I tried it.

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report