Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family as sheet logo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chunky2k
1025 Views, 3 Replies

Family as sheet logo

hello

when i create a sheet to insert my drawing, i want to put our company logo

i made our company logo as a Revit family, but i cant load any component into the sheet 

is it possible ? or at the end i have to export it as DWG and put autocad logo ?

thanks

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

What template did you use to create your logo family?

By your "sheet" are you referring to your Title Block family? Are you getting an error when you try to load the logo family?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I useA0 (Metric)

when i edit the family of the title block the link revit or cad is disabled 

in the insert , if i choose "load family"  i will receive this message :While loading 'LOGO': Only the annotation families can be loaded into annotation families.

in the Import cad, i can put the DWG logo

i want to know if i can put a family as a logo instead of DWG logo

also another question, IF i can put family as a logo in the titleblock, can i put it as the way i want (like 3D view so i can rotate to the position i like ? )

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

Create your logo in a family starting with the Generic Annotation template. This will allow you to import it into a Title Block family. Non-annotation Families (i.e. Title Blocks, Detail Items, Pipe Fittings) cannot be loaded into Title Blocks.

One cannot link a Revit or CAD file into a Title Block family; one can only import a CAD file or load an annotative Revit Family.

So, in order to insert your logo into your Title Block as a Revit Family, the logo must be created using the Generic Annotation template. This family will only be two-dimensional, and once it's loaded into the Title Block family, you can place as many instances as you like and rotate each of them however you wish.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report