Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Material/Render

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lsop1409
1560 Views, 3 Replies

Family Material/Render

I am trying to apply materials to the sockets I have created in the attached picture, but the materials are not showing up. The dado trunking is from a manufacturer and shows 'white plastic' fine and I can change materials on this fine.

I have added a parameter to the sockets called 'finish' of type 'materials' and can select the materials ok when I 'edit type' of the socket family, but the materials will not show in realistic view.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lsop1409

Within the Family Editor, you have to assign the Material to the Extrusion(s). Select one or more Extrusions and under Properties, you will find a parameter for Material. Click on the gray button to the right side of that and link it to the Materials Parameter that you created. You could also import that Material into your Family and directly assign this Material instead of linking to a Parameter. An easy way to import the Material is to Copy/Paste an element of that Material from another Family file.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
lsop1409
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thankyou

I have copied and pasted a family from a manufacturer containing preset materials and assigned some of those.

Message 4 of 4
davidlogan87
in reply to: lsop1409

Sorry, but can i ask how you created the dado trunking? Its an issue I have yet to solve.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report