Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
mmcglone
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)
Accepted Solution

Family Creation (drop down boxes?)

162 Views, 2 Replies
01-10-2014 10:03 AM

I am attempting to make a generic residential air handling unit.  I want to be able to select a heater size from a standard list of sizes and have it calculate the MCA automatically.  I read something about loading a blank generic model into my family and using the family type parameter to get options in a drop down menu.  I guess my question is "is this a good way to accomplish what I am trying to do"  and if so how do I use the family type parameter in a boolean formula.  If someone else has a better method I would like to hear that too.  I did it with yes no para. for heater sizes and a beastly nested if statement initially but I have no way to prevent multiple heater sizes from being checked.  Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Family Creation (drop down boxes?)

01-13-2014 06:16 AM in reply to: mmcglone

It should work to suit your needs. Refer to the link below for more info on this method. Don't hesitate to post if you encounter any difficulties!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Dimensional-Parameter-driven-by-quot-Family-Type-qu...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
mmcglone
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Family Creation (drop down boxes?)

01-13-2014 07:51 AM in reply to: CADastrophe
If you are ever in Baton Rouge LA look me up an I am going to buy you a beer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube