Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families becoming unassociated and moving in the Model

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
pem
Observer
228 Views, 0 Replies

Families becoming unassociated and moving in the Model

I am using Revit MEP 2012. The Architect decided to redefine wall types,now when I link the Architectural File after each update I have some items unhosted or orphaned but I also have families that become unassociated and move to  different elevations and locations. It is really random and happens to all my familes. The last update the families on one wall rotated 90 degrees and so I had electric outlets, switches, clocks and data outlets at 240 feet above finished floor. I also had some that it looks almost as if they were mirrored along the wall but ended up out side the model and became unassociated. The thing is after this happens it is a nightmare to locate these small items like outlets that are all over the place. I get things back and it happens again but on different walls and even in different buildings in different models that are part of the same project. Is there anyone who can help me as to what is going on and how to reduce this problem to a managable level possibly.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report