Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factoring in redundant loads in an electrical distribution system

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ArynBergman
1084 Views, 3 Replies

Factoring in redundant loads in an electrical distribution system

Example Circuit.png

The above image is a single line diagram of an electrical system that I need to create in Revit.  The inrow UPS's are connected to two SB's for redundancy purposes.  Each SB need's to account for the full 10kW load for each inrow UPS.  In the example above, the inrow UPS's would contribute 30kW to each SB.  However, for the MSB we only need to account for the actual load to each SB.  In the above case, it would 15 kW from each SB.  Is there any way to account for the additional redundant load for each of the SB's without the MSB seeing the redundant load?  Preferably by the Revit electrical system but  if not, any ghetto workaround (i.e.. calculated values in schedules) would be acceptable.  The inrow UPS's also have to have the correct loads associated with the connectors b/c the spaces they are in are reading the electrical loads.

Here's a link to an incorrect Revit example project on dropbox: Click here to view.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ArynBergman

How are you intending to show this information on the final drawings. For the MSB, I assume you'll use a Panel Schedule, but do you plan to create a Panel Schedule or an Electrical Equipment Schedule for the SB's as well?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
ArynBergman
in reply to: CoreyDaun

We can use either Panel or Electrical Equipment Schedules as it's not the final drawing that's important.  We need to be able to keep track of how loaded the SB's and MSB's are while we add more equipment to the circuits.

A friend of mine has pointed me towards using load classifications in panel schedules, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get them to even show up in the schedule.

Message 4 of 4
ArynBergman
in reply to: ArynBergman

With a little help from Martin Schimd I was able to utilize Load Classifications and Electrical Panel Schedule calculations to  provide us with the data we needed.  Here's a link to his video which I used to derive the logic from:

http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/11/accounting-for-non-coincident-loads-in-revit-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report