Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to IFC2x3

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
295 Views, 4 Replies

Export to IFC2x3

Well, I've been battling with this for months now. What I'm trying to do is to export all my MEP families (mainly electrical) to a proper IFC format. I can export their building geometry no problem but trying to get their property sets to export also is the problem.
Can anyone help me with the IFC export settings table, i.e. what do each column mean, what are the parameters to be inputted into these column and their relation to the IAI parameters.
Also I've downloaded the IFC upgrade file from the AutoDesks website and loaded it into my project. However this does not improve the property set export for my electrical families, all I'm getting is "IfcExportAs" and "IfcExportType". But no matter what i've inputted into these parameters, nothing takes affect.
Also does anyone know how to turn off something from exporting to IFC?? by simply changing a category to "NotExported" in the IFc export settings does not work. Neither does turning it off in the Revit View.
I've got all my documentation available to anyone who wants to help.
Note: this work I'm testing is for the IAI international conference in Brisbane in November, so I stress, I need help!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
My name is Angel Velez and I am in charge of IFC in Revit. If you could send me a sample file I could look at your mappings and see if I can give you some hints. "IfcExportAs" and "IfcExportType" should do what you want, but in R2008 there is no capability for selective export other than "NotExported", which only works for families that we don't already automatically map (beams and columns).
Regards,
Angel
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Angel,
Thankyou for getting back to me, very much appreciated. I've attached a zip file that contains my latest test reports and details. It also has my export IFC settings file. Unfortunately the .rvt file was too large to attach, but you can understand most of the results (I hope).
Yes, I'd very much like to know and understand the "IfcExportAs" and "IfcExportType" functionality and mapping. You say that beams and columns don't automatically map, may I have a mapping tree (including property sets) for all the electrical domain, please.
If you've any questions about my report, or comments, please let me know as your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ronan Carney
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ronan,
I'm sorry, I made the comment about beams and columns poorly. I meant that beams and columns DO automatically map, unlike most other families. I am going to read your report in detail and check the mappings (and make sure they are the correct ones), but I know of two issues in R2008: (1) The MEP Common PSets aren't implemented and (2) Some of the mappings for MEP objects weren't working correctly (this is being fixed). The geometry, as you noted, should be fine.
Again, I'll respond in more detail and more specifically soon.
Regards
Angel
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Angel,

May I be able to quote you on what you have just stated, for the IAI conference? Also, you've stated that some of he MAP object mappings are being fixed, have you got a timeline for when this is planned to be resolved?
Also, are you able to respond with the details on the original thread ASAP, so as I can continue with my report and continue on testing with your help?

Regards
Ronan Carney

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report