Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export revit to cad assistance

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
max.a.hollander
307 Views, 1 Reply

Export revit to cad assistance

I would like to associate an asspect of a duct accessory to another layer when I export to CAD.

I build a filter box family that works great, the only issue is that I want the clearance cube to be exported to a clearance layer so that in navisworks i can edit the clearance layer to be translucent and not the blue block that the duct accessories are.  I understand I can achive this if i used Indepentent clearnace cube but that doesnt sound like too much fun.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: max.a.hollander

Open your Family in the Family Editor, and under Object Styles (Manage tab), create a new Subcategory named "Clearance". Select both of the 'clearance' Extrusions and under Properties, assign them to the new Subcategory. Now in the Project (under 'Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup'), you can assign specific export settings specifically for that Subcategory.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report