Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Crash Revit MEP to AutoCAD

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
stephaniee_sp
537 Views, 11 Replies

Export Crash Revit MEP to AutoCAD

We are struggling to export from Revit MEP to AutoCAD, DWF or when plotting, progress will go up to 51% then crash. I have purged our model, both links and audited all mentioned. Still same issue. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
thombrady
in reply to: stephaniee_sp

Stephanie,

How big is your model? Is this the first time this has happened? Does Revit itself run fine & is it just plotting & exporting? We were having the same problems earlier in Revit & a lot had to do with speed.

Message 3 of 12
stephaniee_sp
in reply to: thombrady

My model is 45MB, the two links are 208MB and 215MB...

No not the first time but we were able to export a few revisions back!

Revit itself is running fine on any other project and in the project itself, so it is just exporting and plotting.

We have upgraded our machines to high end pc's, so it cant be that, I am running 32GB RAM.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 12
thombrady

If just exporting the REVIT content you created try unloading your links first then export. When plotting if you are in Hidden line mode try wireframe.

Message 5 of 12
stephaniee_sp

I need the export to include the linked models so our contractor (who is working in AutoCAD) can access the full picture.

Message 6 of 12

What I would like you to try is updating our version of DWG TrueView and then you should be able to import files without an issue. 

DWG TrueView:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg/viewers

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 7 of 12

This is not a export problem in AutoCAD, the problem I have is exporting from Revit MEP to AutoCAD format.

So i cant see how the TrueView option will have an impact on the export from Revit MEP.

Message 8 of 12
thombrady

Stephanie,

Can you just export your REVIT model without the links & then open it in ACAD & bring in the ACAD linked file from Revit as a block or X-REF. I also am a contractor & I believe I know what you are trying to accomplish. You want them to see the MEPs but also the backgrounds, correct.

Message 9 of 12
stephaniee_sp

Thanks thombrady... but this I see as a work around, did think about it, but not feasible due to time constraint on project.

My question is: Why can Revit not export? Is this a processing problem or Ram problem? or Both? Or maybe this is Revit itself.

Message 10 of 12

What you could try is making a copy of your model file, and try auditing the file, purging out unused families, and review/fix any warnings and see if those conflicts could be the cause of the issue, and then attempt to export as a .dwg. If you are trying to export internally through Revit MEP then it could very well be an issue with the project file you are attempting to export, the project could possibly be corrupted. Have you tried with any other workstations or with other projects? 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 11 of 12

t_grees

I did try all of this but the problem still occurs. There was no conflicts or warnings, all seems to be fine!

This happens on all workstations, even tried it through our company server, other projects are all ok, so it cant be our template or export settings.

The current solution I have is to link the HVAC model into another new model and set my views by linked view, schedule by linked instances and export from there, this seems to work!

Message 12 of 12

Then is does sound like it is project specific, if you would like, you could forward us the project's journal file and the original project file that has the HVAC model and we could see if the issue is related to file corruption or if something else unexpected is occuring within the project that is causing it to crash while exporting. However, if the work-around is sufficient then we could close the case for you. I would be totally open to investigating the issue further if you would like, but we would definitely need those files. I will send you an FTP invite. 

Public Facing Job Title

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report