Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Text Editor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tkendrick
1698 Views, 2 Replies

Exit Text Editor

Has anyone found the way to exit the text editor box with the keyboard. In AutoCAD you could hit CTRL+ENTER to exit the text editor box. I've tried that and ALT+ENTER, SHIFT+ENTER. I found a blog post that said CTRL+LeftARROW, but that just jumps the cursor to the left.

I hope there is a way. I like being able to finish text with the keyboard, seems easier to me, than having to click outside the text editor box to finish the text.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

I tried for quite a bit but have not been able to find a way to accomplish this. What, if I may ask, would be the benefit of ending the Text Editor with the keyboard? You'll likely need the mouse for the next command/action anyway, right?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
tkendrick
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No benefit other than my own happiness.

That is how I would like it to work. I find it more convenient for me to be able to end text editing with the keyboard instead of moving to the mouse having to find that tiny cross-hair that you can't change the size of (added that to the wishlist) and make sure it's out of the text box to click to end editing. By being able to end text editing with a keystroke it then doesn't matter where the mouse ended up after typing.

I know this is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. I was just curious if it was possible. Like everything else you adapt yourself to fit the workflow.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report