Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exis, Demo & New lights, maintain phased circuiting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CraigGorsuch
684 Views, 3 Replies

Exis, Demo & New lights, maintain phased circuiting

Our Electrical engineers are working on a renovation project, and wondering if there is any way to have the Demolition property of a light fixture and its associated circuit can be maintained through the Exis/Demo/New project schedule.

Our engineer needs to make sure the existing load balance is maintained in this renovation, but every time we demo a light fixture, that fixture is removed from the circuit.  When we look at the fixture in an “existing” view, the light fixture is no longer connected to the existing circuit (existing panel board.)  We want the light fixture to maintain its circuit in the Existing phase, but not the New Construction phase.

Our engineers would like to see the load balancing schedule for the existing phase and compare it to the new phase in the same Revit model.  Is this possible?  If not, what is a workaround?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
p_bergsieker
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

Has anyone figured out a workflow for this yet, besides using dumb text? Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: p_bergsieker

Instead of demolishing the elements, perhaps you could place them on a designated Workset. That way, you can control the visibility of the demolished elements with a View Filter to hide them when necessary and change their appearance as desired. This method would not work well with existing schedules, as you cannot filter out these elements by Workset.

Another method would be to create a Shared Parameter that is added to all model Categories, and then use that to designate an element as demolished. This would allow the elements to be affected by a View Filter as well as provide a way to filter demolished elements from the schedules.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Here is my idea (not necessarily a good one): once I have the existing fixtures in place and circuited to the exisitng panels I would place annotation symbols only to represent the existing/demo plan. Then I would hide the fixture elements in the existing/demo view. With the fixtures showing in the 'new work' plan I would move them to the new locations. This would maintain the existing load scenerio at the panels and give good data for additional capacity.

Diane M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report