Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when connecting the ducts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chunky2k
602 Views, 2 Replies

Error when connecting the ducts

Good afternoon, i have a problem in making the duct

i attached a pic to make you check the problem better,

i have a side wall grill (i adjusted the sidewall grill in the family to be as this size) and i drew a duct then elbow as you can see, changed the sizes and gave the duct offset of 310

i created a family mechanical equipment (FCU) , attached duct outlet and drew a duct, as you can see, i gave also the FCU duct an offset of 310

the Duct after the grill (after the reducer) is 650x350

the duct after the FCU(after the reducer) is 650x350

and both of them have the offset of 310

now, when i try to connect the the duct after the FCU to the duct after the grill reucer

the error of :

"The resulting angle between the segments is too great."

there is around 2 meter long between the 2 ducts, both on same level, both have the same size

so what is wrong ????!!!!

P.S : i cant make 1/1.5/2 inch elbow, it will not work due to small width i have

also using the Align is no use as well

what shall i do

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aschneider1
in reply to: chunky2k

What Fittings are assigned to that Type of Duct?  If the elbows or any other Fitting assigned to the Type of Duct you are using has too large of a Radius, that is what will happen...you will have to move the location of the Families you want to connect, or create a new Type of Duct with appropriate Fittings for that location.

Adrianna Schneider, LEED AP
AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
chunky2k
in reply to: aschneider1

thanks for the reply

all i had to do is to work carefully with "align" from all side (up and down), then align the duct from right and left

and make the duct from the FCU family longer than the duct from the grill side since of the reducer !!

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report