Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements disappeared

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
norcaljess
450 Views, 1 Reply

Elements disappeared

Can anyone offer me some comfort here??  My dilemma:  Placed hosted shower heads in all of the showers (we're doing a fitness center).  I didn't connect them to piping or anything.  Just placed them on the walls to show the head location.  I did not work in the model for a week.  One other person was working in it.  And an engineer who does not save was working in the model also, but working on duct, not plumbing... Then, I go back in the model today and can't find my shower heads.  I found ONE, right clicked on it, "Select All Instances in Project" and it only selected that one.  Somehow all of the other shower heads are GONE.  Vanished.  Deleted.  Neither of the other two people are admitting to erasing them.  As the Revit manager, how am I supposed to avoid letting things like this happen?  There's no way to tell who is doing it, is there?  This is so frustrating.  Is there at least a way to recover an older version of the model, so I can copy them out & paste them back into my model?  Probably not, since they are hosted....

Thanks,
Jess

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You could try spending time going through the journals to see who did it and when but I don't think it will help you when you go back to the person that did it and advise them that they are an arse.Smiley Happy

Have you tried restoring a backup file? Hopefully, as one guy doesn't save that often, you should have a suitable number of back-up saves and one of them should represent the state of the model as you left it before you went away for a week.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report