Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element is too small on screen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
300 Views, 3 Replies

Element is too small on screen

When I try and draw a fine detail I get this error message "Element is too small on screen" is there any way around this, I have tried to zoom in closer but if I zoom in to close I can't do any work at all. Edited by: jasonw804 on Dec 2, 2008 4:08 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jason.martin
in reply to: Anonymous

(Danger: Hack in progress)

I don't know what ramifications this might have, so please use with care...

Draw 2 parallel reference lines some distance (more than 1/32") apart. Draw your line perpendicular to these two reference lines.

Align the endpoints of your line with the reference lines and constrain the end points to the reference lines. Select one of the reference lines and change the temporary dimension between the reference lines to the "length" that you want the line.

Delete the reference lines.

hth

jason
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks you for the help, I have been doing another but this way work alot better. But is still crazy that you have to go through all just to get a good detail drawing, guess Revit MEP isn' t know for it accuracy.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you draw the line by typing the length and pressing enter, instead of picking the second point it generally works.
You'll know the length because you can see it on screen when you hover over the place where you want to make that second pick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report