Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Panel Info in equipment schedule

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
fschwartz
1838 Views, 7 Replies

Electrical Panel Info in equipment schedule

I have an Electrical Equipment Schedule set up to show Panel and Circuit information for mechanical equipment. Some families pass the circuit information through to the schedule and some do not. In the attached, the AHU circuit information appears, but in the boiler it does not. The parameters in the families and in the electrical connectors are set up identically.

Anyone have a clue as to what causes this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
eric_grey
in reply to: fschwartz

Have you added an electrical connector to the boiler family?  The out-of-the-box version doesn't have an electrical connector.  If you added an electrical connector, did you circuit it?

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 8

I did add a connector to the boiler and circuited it. The wire tag show the panel and circuit. Still no circuit info in properties.

Message 4 of 8

I did some checking and found out that this is a bug.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I will log it in our defect database.

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 5 of 8

Thanks. Is the bug only for certain families or circuit types? Other families work fine.

Message 6 of 8
mdipiro
in reply to: TaitemEngineering

I'm having this same problem... has Autodesk been able to work out this defect?  It's not critical that I use this feature, but would like to if I could.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
markmcmicheal
in reply to: fschwartz

I ran into something similar to this about a year ago and was told by Autodesk development that it was a bug in 2011.  2012 fixed it.  The bug had to do with the load classification being set to "Other".  They recommended changing the load classification to something else such as "Power".  Save and reload it in your project.  You can change it back to "Other" once you've done this.  That worked like a charm in my project.  Also, make sure that in the family that you added the connector to (Boiler) that you mapped the connector settings to family parameters, or the linking will not function properly.

Message 8 of 8
adam.jw
in reply to: markmcmicheal

Same thing just happened to us.

Our solution was to:

1. Load up the family from the project in the Family editor

2. Go back to the project, and in the project browser, find the misbehaving family and rename it with "-OLD" or "-WTF" at the end

3. Switch to the family, and load it in to the project.

You'll now have two identical famlies with two names:

SOMEFAMILYNAME-OLD

SOMEFAMILYNAME

Find the instance in your project of "SOMEFAMILYNAME-OLD" and swap it out for the same named Type of the new family. You may have to recircuit. But that seemed to fix our problem.

EDIT: This happened in Revit 2013 by the way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report