Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Distribution systems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
p.addington
1087 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical Distribution systems

Hello again.

I seem to be having a little bit of trouble with the electrical system settings in MEP. I've managed to create a three phase distribution system and it works (400 / 230 three phase - South African Standard) but I seem to be having a problem with a single phase distribution system (230 Single phase - South African Standard)

I've created a three phase distribution panel that sees the three phase system, but when I modify it to a single phase distribution panel it cannot find the single phase distribution system.

Can it be that I have to create a single phase panel from scratch? or is the problem else where?

Thanks,

Patrick.

Design Technician
CKR Consulting Engineers
Nala Consulting
Sandton
South Africa
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jboone
in reply to: p.addington

I assume you tryed the mep settings

Message 3 of 6
p.addington
in reply to: jboone

Yes i did try the distribution systems, i have set up two more in the voltage definitions as well as the distribution systems. It only picks up my three phase system and not the single phase system. I think it may be a problem in my DB family settings.

Design Technician
CKR Consulting Engineers
Nala Consulting
Sandton
South Africa
Message 4 of 6
jboone

Its like a big secret with how things work.  there should be more intuitiveness.

Message 5 of 6
rene.sommer

To assign a distribution system to a panel, the connector has to match the number of poles and the voltage.
In your case, you should edit the panel family, select the connector, change the number of poles to 1 and check that the voltage matches 230 V. After reloading the family in the project, you should be able to select the single phase distribution system.

Rene Sommer
Message 6 of 6
p.addington
in reply to: rene.sommer

You're a genius, thank you so much Rene. It works now...

Design Technician
CKR Consulting Engineers
Nala Consulting
Sandton
South Africa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report