Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Component Labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
norcaljess
401 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical Component Labels

How do I change the orientation or move the label that is inserted with the electrical components?  For instance, if I insert a GFCI duplex receptacle, how do I move the "GFCI" label, (the one that automatically comes in with the family)?

Thanks,

Jess

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Generally you don't when using the OOTB families. You can start messing about adding ref planes and dims to make it more flexible.

Or the simpleton way (me for example) of dealing with it is to remove the label from the family then make a tag that picks up the parameter value in the model.

Some would say that this will create an additional coordination risk as there now becomes a manual check that you have tagged the GFCI families. However the panel schedules can be adjusted to automatically display the fault parameter values

If you look on here you may find a method for dealing with this otherwise check out the "Revit @ Waterman" blog where he covered someting similar

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
hluu007
in reply to: norcaljess

Here your answer: Manual input.

Sorry, I don't speak or write well. Can explain you too much. 

Henry

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 4
norcaljess
in reply to: hluu007

If I wanted to use manual input, I would have done that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report