Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Group > Canvas Color

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DrewH09
2741 Views, 7 Replies

Edit Group > Canvas Color

Can you change the canvas color when editing a group?  It turns to the off-yellow and it's very hard to see light colors.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the standard canvas (Revit > Options > Invert Background).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: DrewH09

Nope. That's definitely a 'wishlist item' of mine - it really should obey the "Invert Background" setting under Options. This often makes things difficult - we have several elements with yellow or otherwise very lightly-colored lines.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
DrewH09
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, I agree 100%.

Message 4 of 8
DrewH09
in reply to: CoreyDaun

As a quick workaround, I just made a filter (in my case, for ducts & associated accessories).  Then I just override the color to black when I'm editing the group.

Message 5 of 8
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: DrewH09

If you would like this functionality to change, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 8

Indeed, customisation is missing from Revit, in Autocad you can bring the drafting program to your preferences, but in Revit so many things are hard wired, colours in drafting are important and when working 12 hours drafting some times in deadlines etc eye fatigue is a pain, literally. 
Autodesk please make Revit more user friendly and provide customisation.
Thanks

Message 7 of 8

Did you see the message right above yours for directions to post your thoughts in the appropriate forum? This is the user help forum and is barely moderated. The IDEAS forum is much better for you to be heard.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 8

Sorry Rob, i'm busy today in work and didn't had much time to read that, admins can move or delete if they want.
I sent Autodesk a message, hopefully they will hear their users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report