Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to change from electrical to mechanical?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robyn.henke
629 Views, 4 Replies

Easy way to change from electrical to mechanical?

When I installed Revit, it asked what would primarily be done, Electrical or Mechanical. Now, when I start a new project, that Discipline comes up. Is there an easy way to switch to the other discipline?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm not positive what behavior you're referring to when you say "Now, when I start a new project, that Discipline comes up". I think what you're saying is that the default views that are created are Mechanical discipline. That is the result of loading the Mechanical Template by default.

You can change the default template setting in Settings -> Options... -> File Locations tab (see attached image). Or, you can just manually select the Electrical Template manually when you start a new project.

In reality though, it's not like there are some things that can be done in the Mechanical but can't be done in the Electrical template. It's really just a matter of creating new views of either discipline. There's no real limitation.

What is it that you perceive that you need in one template that's not in the others? I'm intrigued.

Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
robyn.henke
in reply to: robyn.henke

I am just getting used to Revit again (I beta tested the Mechanical section for almost 2 years) and I forget to make new views and that the program starts with a template.
Message 4 of 5
robyn.henke
in reply to: robyn.henke

"It's really just a matter of creating new views of either discipline."

How do I do this?!?!
Message 5 of 5

Create a new view, change the view Discipline in the View Properties OR apply a View Template that defines the desired View Template.

Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report