Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
536 Views, 2 Replies

Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

I have some families that I couldn't find the metric version of them and they are all imperial

what's the quickest way to make them metric? 

I don't want to go to project units and change every single unit one by one in the family file and then load it to project

Cheers,

M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

I've done some searching and I have not been successful in finding anything. For the most part, it shouldn't matter too much because the Family will be loaded correctly into a Metric Project anyway, regardless of the Family's Units settings because Revit uses its own internal values for length. If you still need to find a way to convert the Units en masse, then I suggest asking if this is possible on the Revit API board.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks mate,

will do..

It is a real pain when I want to change the parameters value in my Revit model when they are all imperial and all my calculations are metric.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report