Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating views

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
cesslinger
725 Views, 18 Replies

Duplicating views

I would like to show my mechanical equipment power on a separate power plan. My problem is I do not know how to show the electrical equipment/devices on the mechanical power plan without them showing on main power plan and vice versa.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Radioaltivo
in reply to: cesslinger

I'm not sure I understood your question correctly, but if you're using a callout view for the power plan, you should be able to change the "Disciplne" field to show Mechanical, Eletrical etc.
Message 3 of 19
cesslinger
in reply to: Radioaltivo

I am duplicating the power plan to create a mechanical power plan. Not using callouts.

Message 4 of 19
Radioaltivo

Uhm, so you shouldn't be having any problem changing the Discipline. Have you tried that method? (It's under the Properties of the View). Unless you made a Dependent View, you should be able to change it. If you can't, you should check if the view has a Template applyed, change it to <none> then you'll be able to change the Discipline.

Message 5 of 19
cesslinger
in reply to: Radioaltivo

I have the discipline set at Electrical. What I am trying to do is duplicate the power plan to create a mechanical power plan. The issue I am having is that the electrical devices on my power plan are showing up on the new plan I created. When I delete the devices on the new mechanical power plan, it deletes the devices on the base power plan.

Message 6 of 19
apjones

You will likely have to use filters.  Look into setting up filters and apply them to the view to accomplish this.

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 19
CoreyDaun

There are multiple ways to accomplish this, and two of them are:

1. Place the Mechanical Power and the Main Power elements on separate Worksets and under V/G for each View, turn off the unwanted Workset.

2. Create two View Filters for the appropriate Category(ies) and set the Filter Rules for one to "Comments" "equals" "Mech" and the other to "Comments" "does not equal" "Mech". Add the appropriate View Filter to your Views and disable the Visibility checkbox. Now, to designate an element for the Mechanical Power Plan, select it and enter "M" in "Comments" under Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 19
cesslinger

Thanks! The filter option worked great!

Message 9 of 19
cesslinger
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was able to create my filters for the mechanical power. Now how do I get keynotes to show only for that page. My keynotes are showing up on both plans, as well as text.

Thank you

Message 10 of 19
CoreyDaun

Did you duplicate the Plan as a Dependent? If so, the Dependent View will share the exact same V/G Settings and Annotations as the "Master View", and any changes made to either View will identically affect the other.

Did you duplicate the Plan with Detailing? If so, the annotations from the original View were copied over. They can safely be deleted without affecting the original View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 11 of 19
cesslinger

Thanks! I was afraid to start deleting things. Now the only other thing I have is the text in the keynote block is not showing up. All my annotations are turned on. The keynotes on the other sheets are fine.

Message 12 of 19
CoreyDaun

Are you getting some sort of warning/error message when you try to place them?

Message 13 of 19
cesslinger

No- none at all.

Message 14 of 19
CoreyDaun

I'm am not very familiar with Keynotes, but is your Keynote Legend being filtered by Sheet (under the Legend's Properties, Filter tab)?

Message 15 of 19
cesslinger

yes

Teah Dioguardi
Westside Engineering

5525 Interstate North Parkway
Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30328
c. 404-918-9021404-918-9021
f. 404-601-9859
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Message 16 of 19
CoreyDaun

Does placing that View (with a few Keynote Tags) and that Legend on a Sheet View appear correct?

Message 17 of 19
cesslinger

The keynote number does show up on the sheet view. So that is all fine. Now the problem is I have the keynote by sheet, and it has picked up the numbering from the base power plan. Is there away around that?

Message 18 of 19
CoreyDaun

Are the Viewports placed on the same Sheet? If this is not the case, can you post a sample Project file? I am not familiar enough with Keynotes...

Message 19 of 19
cesslinger

Thank you for responding, they will be on different views. The keynotes are by sheet, however the since I have (2) power sheets the keynotes are continuing in numbers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report