Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating electrical floorplans in multi-level buildings with identical floors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SteveRRR
393 Views, 4 Replies

Duplicating electrical floorplans in multi-level buildings with identical floors

I'm fairly new to Revit and looking for an easy way to do this.  In a building like a hotel or dormitory where there are several floors that are all identical, how can I set up the project (panels etc.) so that one plan covers all identical floors?  My primary concern is the panels since they are the only thing not duplicated....how can you make the load for say 10 floors repeat 10 times, while only creating one actual plan to cover those ten floors?

Thanks! Remember I'm pretty green at this so the obvious may not be so obvious.  🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SteveRRR

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Something you really can't do well in Revit is "fake" the Electrical Circuits and Loads. You're best alternative option would probably be to just add notations to your drawings that the Panel Schedules are identical between those floors. Or, you could create another Panel Schedule Template that excludes the Panel Name and Location Parameters, place that same Panel Schedule multiple times on the same Sheet View, and then use plain Text to "write in" the correct Panel Name and Location.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
SteveRRR
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Any input on this is valuable.

Message 4 of 5
smbrennan

One trick I was told at a conference, was to still place the panels on every floor. Do the first floor as you would, and place that on a sheet.  But, rather than circuiting the entire floor all over again, just place a junction box for every panel, with a "mimic load" and circuit that to the panel. This way, your main distribution can still have the proper loads all the way up stream.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 5
smbrennan

Oh, and because this is more common than not, I highly suggest you follow the link in my signature to provide feedback. I am going to do the same right now - but the more the merrier.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report