Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducts in coarse mode - doesn't get correct appearance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lotta.johannesson
633 Views, 2 Replies

Ducts in coarse mode - doesn't get correct appearance

Hello!

I have a duct model, need to print it in a coarse mode. The duct system has both tap and tee in it, the tee looks fine but the tap gets a different look.

It is not the tap fitting that is the problem, it is the duct it self. I get the same behavior in any model I try, on any tap I try.

I've attached a jpg for you to look at. On the right picture you can see that it is the duct that is misbehaving...

Any tips? 

Thanks!

//Lotta

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Edit the linework in the tap family so it look like the tee - if that is how you want it to present. You should just have to delete a couple of lines and constrain a symbolic line to the main ref plane.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Hi JulianJameson8403

If it was the tap that created the problem, your solution would be great. Unfortunately it is the system family duct itself that is creating this. I've already edit the tap with the visibility settings. If I pick the tap it only shows as a single line in coarse mode.

If you would be kind to look at my attached picture I hope you can see that in the right picture I hover over the duct and all of it lightens up. It also shows on the tooltip.

Thanks for your participation!

//Lotta Johannesson, Sweden

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report