Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Size Constraint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
razor_tr
662 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Size Constraint

Hi everyone,

I have been using duct size calculator for duct sizing but i encountered a problem while i'm doing the sizing. I wanted to constraint some of my duct in specified duct size but whenever i did calculation they changed immediately. How could i overcome this problem?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: razor_tr

Hi There,

Try this

Go to systems>Mechanical>Duct settings and then select the duct sizes and types that you want to use and untick the rest.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mehdi

Message 3 of 5
razor_tr
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

Your method just cancelling the duct sizes.Sorry it doesn't help to solve the problem.

I have a duct system that has various number of ducts in it. I just want to keep the size of two ducts but i couldn't accomplish anyhow.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

Could you not deselect those specific Duct segments prior to using the Duct Size Calculator? Then, if you wanted to use the Duct Size Calculator for those Duct segments, you could select only those and use the "Restrict Height/Width" options.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

I just noticed - a more direct solution would be to select each Duct segment you want to constrain and check "Size Lock" under Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report