Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Lining

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
603 Views, 13 Replies

Duct Lining

I have a project & the duct lining will not show up in pieces of duct. The fittings look fine. What am I missing? There has to be a setting for just the ducts but I cannot find it anywhere.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

A few questions:

• What release of Revit are you Using?
  • Was this Project upgraded from a previous version?
  • Does the Duct Lining appear in any other Views?
  • If you create new Duct Lining, does it not appear?
  • Toggle 'Reveal Hidden Elements' mode - does the Lining appear?
  • If you select the Duct and then 'Edit Lining' from the Ribbon, does anything appear or become highlighted?
  • Of what Discipline is your View?
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the reply.

• What release of Revit are you Using? 2012
  • Was this Project upgraded from a previous version? NO
  • Does the Duct Lining appear in any other Views? Not on the straight duct
  • If you create new Duct Lining, does it not appear? NO, just fittings.
  • Toggle 'Reveal Hidden Elements' mode - does the Lining appear? NO
  • If you select the Duct and then 'Edit Lining' from the Ribbon, does anything appear or become highlighted? Yes, it acts as it is lined because I can edit the liner but that does not help.
  • Of what Discipline is your View? Mechanical, Ceiling Plan as I did get this from someone else. Is there a way to move it to a floor plan.

Message 4 of 14
CoreyDaun

Hmmm. I have a few more questions, but it may be easier to post a small sample of the Project File, if you are able. Open the Project (Detach from Central, if applicable) delete everything except for one run of the offending Duct, Purge Used, and then manually remove all of the unused Duct/Pipe Fittings and such from the project via the Project Browser. Purge All will not remove those extraneous Families.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

As usual, Cadastrophe thanks for your help. When you say delete everything do you mean create another copy & delete everything as a test & something I can post? It is not a central file as I am the only one working on it.

Message 6 of 14
CoreyDaun

No problem. Yep - that's exactly what I mean. And as I mentioned, you'll likely have to manually remove the unused Duct/Pipe Fitting Families to get the file small enough to post here. It shouldn't be a problem if you eliminate every element except for a single run of Lined Duct, and perhaps an elbow (w/ Lining).

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Please see attached. Hope I did it correct.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry, forgot to attach it & then when I went to attach it, it was too large. I will try to delete more & repost.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry

I cannot get the drawing down small enough to post.

Message 10 of 14
CoreyDaun

I'll send you my email in a Private Message.

Message 11 of 14
CoreyDaun

I have received your file. Upon opening, I can see the Duct Lining on both the elbow and the duct segment. See image.

DuctLining.JPG

If this is not what you're seeing, then this is probably the result of a graphics hardware issue. Under Options » Graphics tab, Try toggling "Use Hardware Acceleration" to see if that helps.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks but no go. I give up as all my other jobs are fine.

Message 13 of 14
CoreyDaun

The only other possibility I can come up with is Workset - maybe the Duct Lining is on a different one. Try opening you file 'Detach from Central' and opt to discard all Worksets.

Also, what happens if you copy/paste that Ductwork into a new Project?

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Copy & Paste worked to an existing project I had. I cannot get it to work in the other project but thanks for trying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report