Revit MEP

Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)
Accepted Solution

Downgrading file type

239 Views, 2 Replies
07-18-2013 09:01 AM

I am working o a project that the architects are putting everything together using Revit 2012 and I upgraded my file to Revit 2013. How do I take a step backwards and bring the MEP file to 2012? Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks

-Chris

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: Downgrading file type

07-18-2013 09:13 AM in reply to: chrishawkins12
I'm afraid I have bad news. You're going to have to find a backup file somewhere, you can't roll back to previous versions.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: Downgrading file type

07-18-2013 09:14 AM in reply to: chrishawkins12

Hi Chris, welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Unfortunately, Revit is NOT backwards compatible; once a file has been created in or upgraded to a newer version of Revit, it cannot be saved back to a previous version.

The best you can do it export your 2013 file as an IFC file and them import that file into a new 2012 Project. But this will yield little more than a static, model object that will retain very little (if any) of the information that it once held.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube