Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double parameters in schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
test_52
993 Views, 2 Replies

Double parameters in schedules

I have run into something that I can't gind a way to solve. First some background - I am using two families, both from Cook; belt driven roof exhaust fans and direct drive roof exhaust fans. I have created a master list of shared parameters in excel using Revit SP Writer. From that master list, I create separate shared parameter files for each piece of equipment to import into the particular family. Both style of roof exhaust fans has paramters imported from the same shared parameter file.

My issue is when I create a schedule in revit for the roof exhaust fans. When I add both styles of roof exhaust fan to the project, I get shared parameters that double up. For example, both fans have the shared parameter of CFM OF STD AIR. When I create the schedule, there are two CFM OF STD AIR parameters in the list. When I add them to the schedule, the belt driven family utilizing the first parameter while the direct drive family utilizes the second parameter. The parameters should be on in the same. Why does the program think that they are two separate parameters?

Has anyone else run into this or am I just missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks, Jason

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
julianjameson8403
in reply to: test_52

Most likely because they either been created using different shared parameter files where the parameters have different GUID numbers. For them to sit in the same column, the parameters need to be created from the same source. Try replacing them with your own shared parameters. To do this you need to have a Shared parameter file created first with the correct parameter assignments - name is not important really but the discipline and type are.

Then edit the family and swap the parameters with relevant ones from your Shared Parameter file. Do not delete and add new ones as this will have numerous knock on effects in your family.

If you don't have a shared parameter file then you can create one from a family using a tool available through Autodesk subscription.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
bcpratt
in reply to: test_52

What version of Revit MEP are you using?  I'm having a hard time getting the Loren-Cook add-in installed for RMEP 2013 and haven't gotten much more than "it's compatible" when I contacted Loren-Cook for help with the install.  If anyone has had success, I would greatly appreciate information on how to install it.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report