Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Lined Piping

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Niamhy14
612 Views, 8 Replies

Double Lined Piping

Hello,
I am working on a plumbing design and am having touble with the settings. I am working on my sanitary lines and in plan view they are showing up as double lined piping regaurdless of diameter. The plan view is set to coarse and wireframe, and as far as I know, there are no filters besides colour that is applied to the piping. Also, it doesn't matter what line type I am using, I am still having the same issue. I need these pipe lines to show up as single line.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Niamhy14

@Niamhy14 wrote:

"...they are showing up as double lined piping regaurdless of diameter..."

Does this also indicate that the width of the double lines does not change according to the pipe size?

What is most likely the case is that the Pipe Category is overridden to "Detail Level: Fine", which means that it will show as such regardless of the View's setting. You can check this by going to Visibility/Graphics Overrides and looking at the "Detail Level" column for the piping Categories.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
Niamhy14
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The width of the double lined pipes do change along with the diameter.

I did check the Visibility/Graphics Overrides to see what the detail level was for piping, and they are all set to "By View." I tried to change it but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

Are the fitting appearing double-line as well? If so, could you post an image?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
Niamhy14

No they aren't. This is how the piping looks:

pipes.JPG

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

I don't know of any other possible causes beside the V/G override. I guess if the pipe were insulated, and the Pipe Insulation Category was being forced to Fine in V/G, that would cause this, too. What version of Revit are you using?

Message 7 of 9
Niamhy14

All of the piping settings are to By View.

I am using Revit MEP 2012.

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

Is this occurring consistently or only on that View? Is it just that Pipe System (Sanitary) or all of the piping?

Message 9 of 9
Niamhy14

Wow am I ever dumb. It turns out that it was my view range that was affecting the pipe. I noticed this when I went to a level below and the piping I was trying to change to single line was single line on that view. I checked the view range and adjusted and it worked.

Thanks for your help. I did learn a lot over this forum that I didn't know so it wasn't a complete waste. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report