Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to place a PDF on a sheet in Revit MEP 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
xxjwilson
357 Views, 1 Reply

Does anyone know how to place a PDF on a sheet in Revit MEP 2013

I have some PDF details from a utility company that need to be included with our construction documents. As far as I can see there is no way of linking or importing an external PDF into Revit. The work around is to create a DWG with  PDF's attached and then link the DWG into Revit.  I'm not to fond of work arounds, and it seems like something Revit should be able to handle natively.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: xxjwilson

xxjwilson wrote:

"...I'm not to fond of work arounds, and it seems like something Revit should be able to handle natively."

Unfortunately, work-arounds are an essential aspect Revit MEP - there are currently far too many shortcomings and inabilities to accomplish things "properly", with your issue being one good example.

As a possible alternate method (which is still a work-around), can you convert the PDF to an image file and import that?

I'm unsure of how well something like that would turn out, though. I think the .dwg import would still be the best method.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report