Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension to control elevation placement and report in a schedule

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LisaDrago
307 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension to control elevation placement and report in a schedule

Hello - I am working with a client and we need to place a component that we can control the elevation and have it show up in a schedule. I know we can do this (or at least i think we can) but I cannot make it work. Is this possible?

what am i missing?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

Really, you're not missing anything. One cannot Tag or Schedule the elevation of vertically-hosted families - that parameter is inaccessible. A search of this forum should yield a couple of work-arounds or alternate possibilities that were mentioned in the recent past.

The most basic solution is to create a Shared Parameter, but then it must be manually controlled.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
LisaDrago

Thank you for the reply.  I will see what the other posts mention.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 4
dennis

http://appliedsoftwareblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/accessing-non-assessible-parameter-data.html

The link above tells about 'a way' to get access to the Elevation data via some nifty programming that is free to download.  I particularly like this addin cuz of the cat logo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report