Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diffuser Tag not reading CFM

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
5063 Views, 12 Replies

Diffuser Tag not reading CFM

One of our Revit users created a new Linear Air Terminal family.  For some reason it's the only AT that won't work with our tag.  What I mean is that the tag parameter for airflow still displays 0 (zero), even though the Mechanical - Airflow Property of the AT was changed to "200 CFM".  Any ideas why the tag is still displaying zero instead of 200??

Thanks!
Jess

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm assuming that the airflow parameter was created using a shared parameter and not a fmaily parameter. Was the shared parameter used in the Air terminal family from the same source as the tag? If not then the airflow parameter won't be recognised by the tags.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

I was thinking it had something to do with this and I've been playing around with it but so far nothing I've tried has worked yet.  I'll look at it again today.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 13
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

On the connector in the family there is a flow parameter. Select the little box at the far right and choose the default flow parameter and make it an instance.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrobker

thanks, worked for me

Message 6 of 13
stevenl2603
in reply to: Jrobker

On the connector in the family there is a flow parameter. Select the little box at the far right and choose the default flow parameter and make it an instance.

"On the connector in the family there is a flow parameter."

That doesn't Make Sense. 

There's a Flow in the Properties menu that requires to be linked to a shared parameter by pressing the box on the right.

Theres a Air Flow (default) That is already Instanced in the Family Parameter Type. 

Theres a max Flow and Min Flow. That cannot be changed. 

Message 7 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: stevenl2603

Flow.jpg

Does it make sense now?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 13
stevenl2603
in reply to: RobDraw

I found out by messing with all the properties Options.

Here is the actual Solution:

Creating an Air Terminal from Scratch By: Me.

- Create 3D model

- Open Family Type Window

- Add Parameter with Settings (Family Parameter, Name: Air Flow, Discipline: HVAC, Type of Parameter: Air Flow, Group Parameter under: Mechanical- Flow, Instance Type)

- Add Parameter with Settings (Family Parameter, Name: Pressure Drop, Discipline: HVAC, Type of Parameter: Pressure, Group Parameter under: Mechanical- Flow, Instance Type)

- Add Duct Connector to Model

- Click on Duct Connector navigate toward Properties menu

- Under Mechanical MUST CHANGE (Flow Configuration: Preset, Loss Method: Specific Loss)

This allows click-ability and flow changes on Project!!! OTHERWISE YOU CANNOT CLICK ON THE OPTION

- Under Mechanical - Flow

- Change Pressure Drop Right side button in properties menu to "Pressure Drop" Parameter

- Change Flow Right side button in properties menu to "Air Fow" Parameter

This allows CHANGES TO BE UPDATED ON PROJECT!!

Diffuser TAG

Should be able to read the air terminal 
With the Flow Parameter from the Label Menu in the Family Editor Window in the Annotation TAG Family File.

Revit Completely Complicated. Where no one gets what they want. 

Message 9 of 13
RobDraw

@stevenl2603 wrote:

Here is the actual Solution:

Solution to what? This thread is about a tag not showing CFM.

@stevenl2603 wrote:

I found out by messing with all the properties Options.

Brilliant! Messing things up and breaking them is a great way to learn what Revit wants.

Do you know that there are tons of resources for learning?

Rob

Message 10 of 13
iainsavage

@stevenl2603 wrote:

In my experience with Revit you can get what you want - takes a bit of time and effort but the results are worth it. That’s what this forum is for, to help.

BTW, those family parameters won’t show up in your air terminal schedule - you should use shared parameters.

Message 11 of 13
stevenl2603
in reply to: iainsavage

I Agree, But to make something so complicated that requires links upon links upon links. Is counter productive. I still cannot even fathom why Comments Parameter cannot be duplicated / Adjustable texts on Annotation TAGs is not allowed.

Why is it so difficult to add 2 lines of text 1 that reads width and one that reads length? Ex.

10" (Width)

10" (Length)

100 (Flow)

Why is it always 10"x10" Unchangeable??

This simple task is completely difficult. 

Or Why is it that 10"Dia. I cannot remove the ("dia) from the TAG but I can in the project but consequently remove it from all dimensions. Ducts, pies, etc. 

Or even the worse culprit. How to change Centre line to a different color from the ductwork color?? WHY WHY? AutoCAD MEP has this option where is it in Revit??? Completely Complicated / Downgraded.

Message 12 of 13
iainsavage

If you are struggling with these matters you should firstly do a bit of searching and then if you can’t find what you are looking for post a specific question on the forum.

Tags can have more than one line of text.

Centreline linestyles can be changed.

Display of units in tags can be changed.

I’m not sure what you mean by duplicating Comments parameter?

If you ask for help, people will do their best to assist.

So I suggest that you post separate queries for each of your items above and see what you get back.

Message 13 of 13
RobDraw

@stevenl2603 wrote:

Why is it so difficult

Why is it always

Or Why is it 

WHY WHY?

Why don't you find out if these things are possible before complaining about them?

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report