Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Parametric Fittings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SLDBrown
730 Views, 6 Replies

Developing Parametric Fittings

Hello All,

I am new to Revit like so many others in these groups. I am developing a working knowledge of how to develop generic families. Woud anyone know of a "how to" for developing flanged pipe fittings?

Regards,

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
abulla
in reply to: SLDBrown

I have a printed tutorial somewhere on my desk from Autodesk titled "Creating an Elbow Pipe Fitting Family". It's also 40 pages long, and from 2010. Your best bet now is to use the Wikihelp tutorials as best you can.

Elbows and pipe fittings in general are among the most complicated and difficult families to model from scratch in Revit (I couldn't even get through the tutorial in 2010 without errors). If at all possible, I would suggest trying to modify some out of the box fittings instead of creating your own.

Message 3 of 7
SLDBrown
in reply to: abulla

Thanks so much for the reply. I will endeavor to try it both ways.

Regards,

Steve

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

If you hit any snags with specific issues along the way, we'll be here and happy to help where we can. Good luck!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
SLDBrown
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Cory,

I took Abdula's advice and attempted to develop my family from preconstructed families. I can't find any DI flanged fittings in the families library. Are there flanged fittings somewhere in the library? If not, do you know of a tutorial to instruct to develop them?

Regards,

Steve

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

Well, if you are looking for specific fittings, try searching Autodesk Seek or checking with manufacturer's website - many of them supply Revit Families for their products.

If you searches turn up nil, then you'll have to start with a similar Family and go from there. There are some flanged fittings in the basic Library, check in the 'Carbon Steel' or 'Gray Iron' folders.

I do not know of any specific tutorials, but you can search this forums for previous suggestions or you can search Youtube.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
SLDBrown
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Your suggestion was very helpful. The Gray Iron flanged fitting will work just fine in my pipe routing preference. I have come to the realization that regarding Revit, I'm not in Kansas anymore. It's learning time and Youtube will be a useful resource.

Regards,

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report