Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Family Filled Region

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CoreyDaun
1009 Views, 5 Replies

Detail Family Filled Region

Does anyone know if there is a way to control the visibility of a Filled Region within a Detail Family through a subcategory? I know that the boundary lines can be assigned, but the hatch pattern remains visible. The object will change sizes, so drawing the lines manually would be a major pain (added to the list of other major pains). Controlling the visibility with parameters would defeat the function I wish to achieve. Any input is appreciated.

Thank You

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: CoreyDaun

At this time, only the boundary lines of the filled region can be controlled by the subcategory. The parameters route is probably the way to go.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

I will have to omit the region in general. I cannot employ parameter control because:

We show lighting specific electrical equipment (branch panels) on our lighting sheets/views. It is not practical to hide elements for all other equipment on all lighting views. I have divided our equipment into two subcategories for power and lighting. I have create a Lighting Equipment parameter (yes/no) that controls the visibility of the lighting subcategory directly and the power subcategory inversely. Both subcategories are visible on the power views but only the lighting subcategory is visible on lighting views. The filled regions for the equipment symbols for the power subcategory will show up regardless, even on the lighting plan.

Thank you for the response.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
Chris.Aquino

Thank you for the update.

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group: 

Feedback 

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 6

It's a shame nothing has happened about this.  The need to be able to assign filled regions to a sub category comes up fairly regularly with us.

It would be nice to see the list of feature requests in a weighted form showing which ones are priority and which aren't... 

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 6 of 6

Still waiting for a solution to this I guess...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report