Revit MEP

m.j.ferra
Message 1 of 3 (317 Views)

Deleting Pipe Sizes Smaller than 1"

317 Views, 2 Replies
02-15-2013 07:27 PM

Good evening,

I'm working on an automatic fire sprinkler system in Revit MEP.  Typically, these systems do not use pipe sizes smaller than 1".  As such, in Mechanical Settings, I deleted these sizes for all materials, connections, and schedules/types.

However, when I try to automatically connect a sprinkler with a 1/2" connector (using the Generate Layout and Connect Into tools) into a pipe, Revit still uses 1/2" pipe.

The heirarchy I'm trying to achieve:

sprinkler --> 1/2" x 1" reducer --> 1" pipe

But instead I get:

sprinkler --> 1/2" pipe

How can I permanently delete 1/2" pipe?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mentor
thombrady
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Deleting Pipe Sizes Smaller than 1"

02-18-2013 11:30 AM in reply to: m.j.ferra

I think I know what the issue is here. If you delete the pipe size you may not be able to connect as REVIT will not recognize the size. The easiest way s to use the space bar when you connect & then once you inherit size & elevation you can change to 1". Unless they are all the same height & if that is the case I would punch in 1" & the height, then just connect & go.

bpatrick
Message 3 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: Deleting Pipe Sizes Smaller than 1"

07-12-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: thombrady

Did this work? I have the same problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube